YouTube is big free video streaming platform where you do search a lot of content. But do you know how to delete YouTube watch history permanently from your device? Well if you have been looking for quick answer then do checkout our guide on how to clear YouTube history from your phone quickly!
YouTube has a wealth of video content, ranging from vlogs to music videos to full-length films. You can easily lose track of time on the web, and your history will quickly fill up with all of the videos you’ve seen. If you’re signed in with your Google account, YouTube knows every video you’ve ever viewed.
This enables the site to suggest new videos based on your preferences. YouTube makes suggestions based on your viewing experience and also allows you to re-watch old videos. Here’s how to tidy up your watch collection—or avoid buying them altogether.
Only if you’re signed in YouTube with your Google account, your watch and search history will get saved and there are ways to clear YouTube history.
How to Delete Your YouTube History?
Here are the simple steps for clearing your YouTube watch history in a nutshell.
- Make sure you’re signed in to your YouTube account at https://www.youtube.com.
- Go to your YouTube History side by selecting history from the menu on the left-hand side of your screen.
- On the right-hand side of the History page, select “Clear all watch history,” which will prompt you to confirm the deletion of your YouTube history across all devices you’re signed in to.
- To complete the deletion, click “Clear watch history” once more.
How to clear your YouTube recently watched history on your phone
- On your phone’s home screen, find the YouTube icon and tap it to open it.
- In the bottom right-hand corner of your phone, tap the Library button. The icon will be in the shape of a file folder.
- Tap the “History” choice on the Library pad.
- In the History tag, press the three lines stacked vertically or three points just to the right of the search icon in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- Under the Background and privacy header, tap “History controls,” then “Clear watch history.”
- You’ll see a pop-up asking you to approve the removal of your YouTube watch history in all devices where you’re signed in. To finish it, click on “Clear watch history” once more. Tap the three dots next to any video’s title and select “Delete from Watch History” to remove individual videos from your history rather than the entire collection.
How to clear your computer’s YouTube search history
- Go to YouTube’s website.
- Go to your account and log in.
- Choose the menu icon in the upper left corner just near the YouTube symbol near the three vertical lines.
- Pick history from the pop-up menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose Search History.
- On your phone, a list of all your searches appears.
- Press the ‘x’ button to remove a single object from the screen.
- Instead, if you want to clear all of your previous searches, choose Clear All Search History.
- Click ‘delete all search history’ to confirm that you want to delete your search history.
Bonus: Use the Incognito Mode on YouTube
Use YouTube’s Incognito Mode if you want to watch any videos that you don’t want YouTube to remember later. For the time being, YouTube’s Incognito Mode is exclusive to the Android version.
Tap in the upper right side of the app’s profile picture to allow Incognito Mode, and then click “Incognito Mode” on the set of choices screen that appears. Any searches you make and videos you watch in the current session will not be saved after permitting Incognito Mode.