Tethering can be very useful when you’re somewhere, and you don’t have a Wi-Fi connection. Nearly all smartphones can share data connections and can turn into an internet hotspot.
Sometimes when you need a Wi-Fi connection on your laptop, and you are out of range of network or public Hotspot, then you can use your phone’s data to connect to your computer. You can also connect to another phone, computer, or tablet by using your phone’s data.
We hope that you have understood the tethering meaning until now!
Now let’s move forward. There are various methods of tethering. Most of the android phones can share mobile data through Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or USB. So let us discuss the steps how to share your mobile data by tethering or Hotspot on Android.
Table of Contents
USB, Bluetooth, and Wi FI Tethering to Share Mobile Data
It generates a Wi-Fi network that turns your phone into a little Wi-Fi hotspot that you connect to with your computer.
It has good speed, and you can easily connect to more than one device. But the battery can sink if you use more than one device.
It is one of the most accessible and most useful methods. Follow these steps to turn on your Phone’s Hotspot.
- Step 1: First of all, open your Phone’s Setting app.
- Step 2: Next tap on the Network & Internet.
- Step 3: Now, the option that you need to select is Hotspot & tethering.
- Step 4: Then, on the next page, you need to select the turn on Wi-Fi hotspot.
When you switch your switch it on, your phone will start sending the WLAN network, and the other devices can find it in their network list. Also, a random password will be assigned, but you can change the password. [ Check out our article on best password manager ]
It is a very simple process, you need to select the correct name and the password, and you can connect to the Internet.
Today, some of the devices directly show the option of Potable Hotspot. It is just 1 click tethering, and you can easily connect to another device. You can share the mobile’s connection up to 10 devices through a Wi-Fi hotspot.
It is quite slower than the Wi-Fi, but the best thing is it uses less battery. Also, you can only connect one device at a time through Bluetooth. It is a slow process and needs patience. Follow the below steps to share your mobile data through Bluetooth.
- Step 1: First of all, you have to pair your phone with other devices.
- Step 2: Next, go to the Bluetooth settings, select Pair new device and then select the device you want to pair with your phone.
- Step 3: Now, open your phone’s settings and click on the Bluetooth tethering option.
It gives the fastest speed, but the thing is you have to connect your mobile phone to your laptop with the help of a USB cable.
The best thing ideas are your phone’s battery won’t reduce as it will take power from your computer’s USB port. Follow the below steps to connect USB.
- Step 1: If you are using a USB cable, then a notification “connected as a” will be flashed on your screen.
- Step 2: First of all, open your Phone’s Settings app.
- Step 3: Then, from the given options, select Network & Internet.
- Step 4: Then, after this, you need to select Hotspot & tethering.
- Step 5: Then turn on USB tethering.
Today the device directly shows Hotspot & tethering option when you select tap setting. When you plugged in and switch on it automatically identifies the new network and connect to it.
Also, some are confused between Tethering v Hotspot. So let’s find out what’s difference between Mobile Hotspot and Tethering.
Tethering vs Hotspot
Tethering is log on the Internet on a computer or any other device through another mobile phone which has cellular network functionality.
At the same time, the Hotspots are the wireless access points which are used in most of the public places for giving the Internet to the users.
So these are some of the well known Android tethering options that you can find in your device and use one of them to share your mobile data with other devices.
If you have been looking for tethering iPhone options then all these 3 you will find in iPhone and using this internet tethering feature you can share your mobile data on laptop or desktop.
I hope you liked it, Thanks!!